05 Oct Voestalpine Linz Blast Furnace A
Together with the Pirson Group, Pirson Refractories performed the reline of blast furnace A at Voestalpine Steel in Linz , Austria.
Works consisted of the demolition of the all old hearth, stack, topcone and (partially) the off- and uptake refractories. In addition to the foreseen demolition scope an additional 1000 Tons of solidified iron was removed from the furnace hearth by our experienced group demolition partner Detramo. Mechanical activities included a new bottom plate, new bottom cooling, a total of 9 replaced stave rows, new throat armour and the installation of 8 new compensators.
The refractory bricking scope comprised the following:
- Full installation of the hearth and bosh refractories;
- Installation of stack and throat armour refractories;
- Installation of offtakes, uptakes and dustcatcher refractories;
- Refractory installation of the 4 hot blast main T-junctions;
- Refractory installation of the hot blast bustle main bootholes;
- Installation of the runner (3) refractories.
Our group partner PRG did the gunning repairs on the topcone, stack and dustcatcher.
For detailed information regarding the project feel free to contact us.