Hot Pressed Carbon
Carbon Refractories stock
Pirson Refractories is the European representative of GT Refractories © (Former Graftech-UCAR) for hot pressed carbon bricks, mortars and ramming masses. A 100 Ton stock is available in The Netherlands for planned taphole repairs as wel as emergency repairs. The following materials are in stock in the Netherlands:
- NMA hot pressed carbon bricks.
- NMD hot pressed semi-graphite bricks.
- C34 two component heat settingmortar.
- RP10 and RP20 ramming mass.
Over the last 15 years Pirson refractories has performed over 25 taphole repairs at European blast furnaces using the hot pressed carbon NMA and semigraphite NMD bricks.
Examples of executed taphole repairs are:
– Arcelor Mittal Dunkerque Blast Furnace 4 (4 tapholes simultaneously)
– TATA Port Talbot Blast Furnace 4
– Arcelor Mittal Bremen Blast Furnace 3
– Salzgitter Flachstahl Blast Furnace C
– HBIS Serbia Blast Furnace 1
– Arcelor Mitttal Dabrowa Gornica Blast Furnace 2 (double taphole repair)
For a full list of executed repairs and/or details of specific ones please contact us.