Hot Pressed Carbon
Pirson Refractories is the Europenan representative of GT Refractories (Former Graftech-UCAR) for hot pressed carbon bricks, mortars and ramming masses. A 100 Ton stock is available in The Netherlands for planned taphole repairs as well as emergency repairs. See underneath for further material details.
Carbon Refractory stock
- NMA Hot pressed bricks.
- NMD hot pressed bricks.
- C34 mortar.
- RP10 and RP20 ramming mass.
Over the last 15 years Piron refractories has performed over 25 taphole repairs at European blast furnaces using the hot pressed carbon NMA and semigraphite NMD bricks.
Examples of executed taphole repairs are:
– Arcelor Mittal Dunkerque Blast Furnace 4 (4 tapholes simultaneously)
– TATA Port Talbot Blast Furnace 4
– Arcelor Mittal Bremen Blast Furnace 3
– Salzgitter Flachstahl Blast Furnace C
– HBIS Serbia Blast Furnace 1
– Arcelor Mitttal Dabrowa Gornica Blast Furnace 2 (double taphole repair)
For a full list of executed repairs and details of specific ones please contact us.